Thursday, November 10, 2011

My first great shoe love



My very first exclusive shoes were a pair of (to-die-for) orange Manolo Blahnik satin Butterflop!

I bought them in shoe heaven AKA the Shoe Salon in Bergdorf Goodman in New York City in April 2007.

I was in NYC with one of my wonderful girlfriends and had already decided that I would buy my very first Manolo Blahnik shoes – something I had dreamed of for years!

We went, full of excitement and anticipation, to the little fabulous Manolo Blahnik store on 54th street between 5th and 6th avenue. In the midst of all the fantastic masterpieces that are Manolo Blahnik shoes, I had difficulty finding the shoes of my dreams. As Manolo Blahnik should not be subject to impulse purchase, I had to brace myself and leave the store empty-handed.
The next day we went to the Shoe Salon (I call it shoe heaven on earth) at Bergdorf Goodman where you are surrounded by some of the most beautiful shoes made and I found the perfect pair of Manolo Blahnik! Classic, but yet outstanding due to the bright color.

I made my very first “Manolo-buy” and was a very happy shoe lover.

PS: NYC is so much more than shoes. I love the city and can never get enough!

Dancing in Manolos at my dads wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment